The admissions criteria priorities for Kirklees community and voluntary aided schools are:
- Priority 1 children in public care (looked after children) and children previously looked after.
- Priority 2 children who live in the school’s Priority Admission Area (PAA) who have a brother or sister attending the school from the same address at the date of admission (the sibling rule).
- Priority 3 children who live in the school’s PAA.
- Priority 4 children who live outside the school’s PAA who have a brother or sister attending the school from the same address at the date of admission (the sibling rule).
- Priority 5 children who live outside the school’s PAA.
Schools will admit children with statements of special educational or education health and care plans where the statement/plan names the school.
Kirklees School Admissions hold waiting lists for oversubscribed Kirklees community and voluntary aided controlled schools.
When will parents/carers find out which school their child has been allocated?
- Applicants will receive an offer email on 16 April 2019 and will also be able to view the offer online on this date.
- Kirklees Admissions or the school cannot tell parents/carers over the telephone which school has been allocated.
- After National Offer Day children are automatically placed on waiting lists for any higher preference Kirklees Community or Voluntary controlled schools where they have been refused a place.