Wow! Your toys were fantastic! Well done. I hope you've all enjoyed making them.
So I'm now going to be setting you all a challenge each week. Each challenge will teach you something else about using Scratch to code.
Here's the first challenge Programming Movement.
I was so impressed by how hard you were all working on your toys in our Computing lessons. I thought that you might like to finish off your toy and I can't wait to see what you come up with.
You'll need to go on to www.scratch.mit.edu and login using:
If you can't find your toy, check the trash folder. If it isn't in there then start again.
Remember, these are the steps that you need to follow:
- Design your toy (Sprite 1)
- Design your button - this is your input (Sprite 2)
- Create an output for your toy (Costume 2) - don't forget my tip of duplicating costume 1, just click and hold down until the option to duplicate pops up.
- Code your button.
- Code your toy.
- CHALLENGE 1: Can you make your toy switch back to costume 1 after a 10 second wait?
- CHALLENGE 2: Can you add another costume (output)? Do you need another input? (button)
DON'T FORGET TO SAVE YOUR WORK WHEN YOU HAVE FINISHED!
See you all soon,