Miss North's Reading Group
Today, I would like to start off with something a little different. It is called Jailbreak. All of these dull adjectives have been put in jail for boring teachers to sleep! Can you think of 4 new adjectives for each word which mean the same thing (synonyms) but are far more exciting? Write one adjective on each padlock to keep the boring word in jail.
I would also like you to have a go at the 'Year 3 Spring Revision Set 1' activity on Classroom Secrets Kids.
Click the image below, to take you to the website...
Today I have attached a news article about a tennis match. Read the 2 pages and then answer the 8 questions in your exercise book. The answers are linked at the bottom of the page, so you can mark your own work.
- How much does the London News cost?
- What are the main things written about in this article? Choose 3 things.
- What does it mean that Angelique Kerber might 'go a long way in the competition'?
- What does the fact that 'Centre Court' is capitalised tell you about the words?
- Why will Novak Djokovic want to make a 'new memory' at Wimbledon?
- What does the word 'halted' mean? Use a dictionary to find out.
- Why will there be 'a lot of pressure' on Angelique Kerber?
- What do the italics in the final paragraph tell you about what is written?