Miss North's Reading Group
Today in SPaG, I would like us to focus on writing sentences. It may sound easy, but some of us are still forgetting to check that we've used capital letters, that it makes sense and that we have used the correct punctuation.
BBC Bitesize have a fab lesson to learn about the key features of a sentence and using them correctly in your writing.
This lesson includes:
one video to help you understand how to write a sentence correctly
one video to help you revise the important features of a sentence
Let's try and make your sentences perfect for when we get back to school!
We are going to watch a video today and answer some retrieval and inference questions.
After being dropped off with his 'boring, old Grandpa' one boy's dismay is turned into a thrilling adventure through the power of a shared imagination, a 'Radio-Flyer' and a story telling Grandpa. When Dad returns will the fun be over?
Retrieval and prediction questions:
- What colour is Tony’s teddy bear?
- What items are in Tony’s bag?
- What job does grandpa do when Tony’s dad leaves?
- What item catches Tony’s attention as he looks around the garage?
- How does Grandad feel when he sees Tony on the floor? How do you know?
- Who is on the picture that Tony has found
- Pause the video on 2 minutes 49 seconds. What do you think happens next?
- How does the teddy bear feel whilst in the airoplane. Explain how you know?
- Why do they have to jump out of the plane?
- How does dad feel when he first arrives to pick up Tony? Why?
- What happens to make dad feel different?
- Who does dad see reflected in the bottom of the cart?