Monday 27th April 2020
Good Morning 4A,
I hope you've all had a lovely weekend and have had lots of fun. I spent most of my weekend in the garden, enjoying the lovely weather, although as I am writing this (on Sunday), it isn't that sunny. What have you been up to this weekend? Today is my third day of fasting and it is going okay so far. Are any of you fasting too? If so, I hope it is going well for you.
I'll speak to you tomorrow.
Miss Anwar x
Start your day off by doing some sort of PE - it can be following a Joe Wickes workout https://www.youtube.com/thebodycoachtv or you can do something else - skipping, running, riding your bike, hopscotch, football, anything!
- Please complete Lesson 1 - Rounding Decimals. There should be a flashback activity at the start of the video tutorial - this will be a set of questions to revisit prior learning.
- Complete the worksheet
- Self-mark your answers in a different colour. Alternatively, a grown-up can mark it for you.
- We've only got a few more days before the Accelerated Reader quiz scores are totaled for the month. Please try to do as many quizzes as you possibly can!
- I have attached a guided reading comprehension based on Captain Tom Moore for you to complete. A couple of the questions are challenging but as you're all really strong at reading, it would be good for you to have a go at. For the compare and contrast question - it wants you to look for similarities and differences.
- Keep practicing your spellings for the test on Wednesday 29th April 2020.
- Have a go at this crossword based on the statutory Year 3/4 Spellings. I know lots of you love puzzles so I am hoping you enjoy it and can figure it out. I have attached the answers too so you can see if you were right!
To round up our Ancient Greece Topic, I thought it would be nice for us to try and achieve one of our KS2 Geography targets - this is to understand the geographical similarities and differences of the human and physical geography between a region in the UK and a region in a European country. Create a powerpoint about Greece, including the food, the language, the landscape, the buildings and road and any interesting facts. If you don't have access to the the powerpoint software, you can make a poster instead (do it in your yellow textbook).
Here is an example of a good powerpoint about Greece to give you some ideas.