We are a 'GOOD SCHOOL'
An inspection of Fixby Junior & Infant School took place on Wednesday 29 and Thursday 30 April 2015.
- The headteacher's drive and ambition for the school provide a firm foundation for school improvement. She is well supported by a good staff team and strong governing body. As a result the quality of teaching and learning has improved well since the previous inspection and is now good.
- All groups of pupils achieve well and make good progress in reading, writing and mathematics. They take pride in their work and present it well.
- Early years provision is good. Children are well prepared for their future education. They are keen to learn and make good progress.
- The quality of teaching is good overall. Teachers use marking and feedback effectively and teaching assistants are deployed well.
- Pupils are well behaved, polite and friendly. They feel safe and attendance is above average.
- The curriculum is well planned and promotes pupils' spiritual, moral, social and cultural development strongly. Pupils take their roles as prefects and play leaders seriously and they make a good contribution to the school's positive ethos for learning.
IF YOU CLICK ON THE LINKS BELOW YOU CAN ACCESS
THE OFSTED PARENT VIEW WEBSITE
AND THE SCHOOLS OFSTED REPORT