Fixby School Councillors
Aim of the Fixby School Council
To help make Fixby EVEN better than it is now
Considering WHAT we can do better and HOW we can do it better
A partnership between the whole school community
Fixby School council are about:
- Developing a partnership that includes all members of the school community.
- Exploring and experiencing what it means to be a “good citizen” of your own community.
- Enabling students to take an active part in school decision-making.
- Giving students the experience of being respected and listened to.
- Learning how to present a reasoned argument even when this may be unpopular.
- Learning what behaviour is appropriate in different situations developing peer support for appropriate behaviour.