Special Educational Needs or Disabilities (SEND) at Fixby
Welcome to the special educational needs and disabilities section of our school website. We hope you find lots of useful information about the support we offer pupils with special needs or disabilities.
At Fixby, all stakeholders are committed to supporting pupils who have Special Educational Needs or Disabilities (SEND) We are committed to creating a culture where all staff support children to achieve their full potential.
We aim to:
- Provide an inclusive environment that meets the needs of each child.
- Create a broad and balanced curriculum, supporting all pupils overcome potential barriers.
- Identify children's needs early and intervene with appropriate support and interventions to ensure all children learn and make good or better progress.
- Build good relationships with parents and carers, as well as with the other professionals who may be supporting us.
- Enable all pupils to reach their full potential.
If you require further information, please contact us on email@example.com
- Our Headteacher is Mrs Claire Allen.
- Our Special Educational Needs or Disabilities Coordinator (SENDCo) is Mrs Saima Ahmed.
- Our Governor with responsibility for SEND is Ms Katie Hunt.
We also have strong links with outside agencies who provide advice, support and guidance to staff, pupils and their carers. Referrals are always made in partnership with parents and carers.
Some of these agencies include:
- The School Health Team which includes School Nurses, Dieticians etc.
- Educational Psychology
- Visual and Hearing Impairment Teams
- Speech & Language Therapists
- Family Support Workers
- Primary Pupil Referral Unit
- Occupational Therapy
Please see our SEN Information Report for more details. This should be read in conjunction with the Kirklees Local Offer.
The Kirklees Local Offer
Is for families of children and young people with special educational needs and/or disabilities. To find out more about special educational needs provision in Kirklees, please visit the following website https://www.kirklees.gov.uk/localoffer
The Local Offer contains information about services relating to special educational needs, disabilities, education and more for children and young people 0-25. It is part of the new Children and Families Act which has brought in a number of important changes about support and services.