Wednesday 13th May 2020
Phase 5 Alternative Spellings /ee/. You will need to log in to access this game. https://new.phonicsplay.co.uk/
Then scroll down to ‘Phase 5c Interactive Resources - Weeks 8-30’ and find ‘Alternative Spellings /ee/’.
In ‘Phoneme Spotter’ you need to see how many different graphemes you can find for the /ee/ phoneme- you could list the words. In ‘Word Sort’ you need to read the word, then sort it to the grapheme used.
Please continue to practise your ‘11.05.20 Spellings’ for our test next week.
Start each day with a page from the Flashbacks. They're saved in the ‘Maths’ Folder. Remember, this will consolidate what we have already learnt! You should be on Week 6 Day 3 today. Did you get 4/4 correct?
Warm up: Draw the following times: half past 6, half past 12, half past 2 and half past 8.
Access the Home Learning Lesson 3 - ‘Add and subtract worded problems’ from White Rose Maths.
1) Click this link https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/year-1/
2) Click Summer Term- Week 4 (w/c 11th May). Click to play the video Lesson 3 - ‘Add and subtract worded problems’.
3) Here is your activity. If you can’t print this off, could you write your answers down on a piece of paper?
4) Here are the answers. Can somebody mark this for you?
Here is a problem to finish with:
Time for a break! Joe Wicks 5 Minute Work Out Number 4
Here's the PowerPoint about living on the ISS:
Use the PowerPoint to make your notes. Retrieve the information carefully, making sure that you copy spellings correctly.
I'm sure you are ready for some lunch now!
Here are a few more pages from the story. Answer the following questions:
Today in topic we are going to be doing some art work. I have a couple of suggestions for you. You can choose one of them or have a go at both - it's up to you!
The first idea is to make cardboard aliens; I’m sure you will enjoy making them.
Materials required to make Cardboard Tube Aliens:
- Cardboard Tube
- Coloured craft paper in a bright colour like green.
- Black and white craft paper (If you haven't got coloured paper, just use felt tips or paint.)
- Coloured pom-poms
- Googly eyes or you could just use paper
- Pipe cleaner or lollipop sticks
- Glue and scissors
Here’s the second idea: A Paper Plate Flying Saucer.
Resources you will need:
- 2 paper plates
- 1 small plastic cup
- Silver paint or tinfoil
- Craft jewels or shiny sweet wrappers
- Glue or selotape
- String for hanging
I'd love to see photos of your flying saucers, too.
Have fun and have a super day!