Wednesday 13th May 2020
Today is my 20th fast, which means we are two thirds of the way through Ramadan. I am missing my friends a lot at the moment and I know some of you are too. My friends and I decided to do a secret eid (like secret Santa but the Ramadan version) so I have been on the look out for nice things to buy one of my friends. Have you guys been doing any random acts of kindness? I did one last week - I made a well-being package for Mrs Martin and gave her lots of treats, a face mask and a candle (not forgetting the Diet Coke - she’s loves it!) I also included some treats for her son Jacob too. It’s nice to be nice - have a go at doing a random act of kindness yourself. It can be doing something really simple like doing the washing up so mum can put her feet up! I’m sure it would be really appreciated.
I’ll speak to you tomorrow!
Take care x
Start your day off by doing some sort of PE - it can be following a Joe Wickes workout https://www.youtube.com/thebodycoachtv or you can do something else - skipping, running, riding your bike, hopscotch, football, anything!
Today's lesson will be
Lesson 3 - Perimeter of rectilinear shapes
- Watch the video tutorial.
- Complete the worksheet
- Self-mark your answers.
Year 4 Maths Sheets
It's spelling test day! Ask a sibling or a grown up to test you! I wonder who will get 10 out of 10 today?!
Here are next week's spellings to learn for the test on Wednesday 20th May 2020
I have been enjoying lots of off screen time at the moment (staying off phones, iPads etc). Here are some off screen activities you can do:
N.B this picture is very hard to read so I have included it in a text format below the picture!
Here are 25 fun and meaningful ideas to choose from:
- How many different words can you make from the letters in this sentence, below? Grab a pencil and paper and write a list!
‘Learning from home is fun’
- Thank a community hero. Think of someone that helps you in some way and write a short letter to thank them.
- Get building! You could build a Lego model, a tower of playing cards or something else!
- Can you create your own secret code? You could use letters, numbers, pictures or something else! Can you get someone else to try and crack it?
- Start a nature diary. Look out of the window each day and keep note
of what you see. Birds, flowers, changes in the weather, what else?
- Hold a photo session. Use a camera or a mobile phone to take some snaps. What will you photograph? Your pets or toys perhaps?
- Build a reading den. Find somewhere cosy, snuggle up and read your favourite book!
- Use an old sock to create a puppet. Can you put on a puppet show for someone?
- Make a list of all the electrical items in each room of your home. Can you come up with any ideas to use less electricity?
- Design and make a homemade board game and play it with your family.
- Do something kind for someone. Can you pay them a compliment, make them something or help them with a task?
- Can you create a story bag? Find a bag and collect items to go in it that relate to a well known story. If you can’t find an item, you could draw a picture to include.
- List making! Write a list of things that make you happy, things you’re grateful for or things you are good at.
- Design and make an obstacle course at home or in the garden. How fast can you complete it?
- Can you invent something new? Perhaps a gadget or something to help people? Draw a picture or write a description.
- Keep moving! Make up a dance routine to your favourite song.
- Write a play script. Can you act it out to other people?
- Read out loud to someone. Remember to read with expression.
- Write a song or rap about your favourite subject.
- Get sketching! Find a photograph or picture of a person, place or object and sketch it.
- Junk modelling! Collect and recycle materials such as yoghurt pots, toilet rolls and boxes and see what you can create with them.
- Draw a map of your local area and highlight interesting landmarks.
- Write a postcard to your teacher. Can you tell them what you like most about their class?
- Draw a view. Look out of your window and draw what you see.
- Get reading! What would you most like to learn about? Can you find out more about it in books? Perhaps you can find a new hobby?