Magandang umaga 1S! That is 'Good morning' in Filipino! (I am half Filipino and half English.)
How are you feeling today? I want to remind you that I am super proud of you all for continuing to work hard. You are all amazing! Please keep emailing me and updating me on how you are- I am so happy to hear from some of you already.
Remember that Joe Wicks is doing a live PE lesson at 9am everyday! (I really enjoyed the new added music yesterday!) If you miss this at 9am, it is saved on his Youtube channel so don't worry! Here is the link again:
Here are some activities to complete today:
Phase 5 Picnic On Pluto:
Click ‘Revise all Phase 5’.
Segment and blend to read the words, then decide if they are real or nonsense!
Don't forget to practise your spellings for next week in the 'Spellings' folder.
Start each day with a page from the Flashbacks. They're saved in the ‘Maths’ Folder. Remember, this will consolidate what we have already learnt! You should be on Week 2 Day 3 today.
Warm up: Can you draw and label 2D shapes?
Access the Home Learning Lesson 3 Make Equal Groups on White Rose Maths.
1) Click on https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/year-1/
2) Click ‘Week 2’. Click to play the video ‘Lesson 3 Make Equal Groups.
3) Click 'Get the activity'. If you can't print this off, could you write your answers down on a piece of paper?
4) Click 'Get the answers'. Can somebody mark this for you?
5) Can you find some objects to make 6 equal groups of 7?
Here is a problem to finish with:
Time for a break! Have a go at ‘Supermovers Just for Fun: Alex Scott Level 2’
How did you get on with writing the introduction to your diary yesterday? Have you read it through and checked it? Do you need to make any edits?
During the day today, I would like you to record what you have been doing in a chart. You'll be using it on Thursday and Friday to write a really good diary extract.
I'm sure you are ready for some lunch now!
Today I would like you to find out more information about ONE of the big cats you looked at yesterday. Use the internet to answer the questions below.
Tomorrow you will be using your research to begin to create a fact file on the big cat that you have chosen.
White Bengal Tiger
Questions for your research:
- Where do they live? What is their habitat like?
- What do they eat? How do they hunt?
- Are they an endangered species? Why?
- How do they live? Alone or in packs?
- What are the differences between males and females?
- Can you find 2 or more interesting facts about your chosen BIG CAT?
Take care when writing your notes. Copy spelling carefully.
Using the paper pack sent home, read the third part of the text from the story 'The Town Mouse And The Country Mouse’. This is a new story, can you apply your skills to find the answers? Remember, the answers are in the text, you need to carefully reread the text and underline then copy the answers.
David Walliams is also reading a story each day; today's story is 'Humbert The Hungry Baby'. Here is the link:
Have a wonderful day!